Friday, April 9, 2010

A Very Good Day

There are a lot of bad days going through an adoption but today was a very good day. Today we were sent pictures that confirms that Tegegn knows of us. We sent him a picture album and a stuffed animal and he now has them. I can't explain the feeling. Falling in love with your son through pictures is the strangest and most incredible thing. I am sooooo excited to be able to get to know him and watch him grow. But for now we wait. We wait for a visa so we can start the process of becoming a family under one roof.


8 comments:

  1. Happy to hear your package arrived and he has seen his new family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful Dana!! Seeing these pictures and reading your blog made me cry because I am so happy for you guys! Can't wait to meet my little nephew! :)

    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you are soooo close and I can't wait to scream in delight when I find out you are booking your tickets...and a happy dance too!

    L

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Dana, he is adorable. Uncle Marcel has a welcome to the family package for him. I am back home in Surrey and Uncle is still in North Bay. I know he wants to see you guys. He comes home on April 30th. So hopefully he will deliver package at that time.
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is adorable. Glad that it was a good day for you. Hope the visa comes fast!!!(waiting not so patiently on ours!!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dana, he is wonderful. I am so happy for you and I can't wait for this process to be complete for your family. Best wishes over the next few months.
    Love, Angela

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dana,

    I am so excited about the developments and how the time is getting closer for you guys to travel to get Tegegn and complete your family!! Don't know if you remembered, but when you received the bad news about the agency, I told you things are going to all work out and for better than you ever thought of and see how it is going? I had a strong feeling back then but can't explain it. All I'm going to say is that I am very happy for you, Darryl and Celine and Tegegn (when you receive him). Love, GN.

    ReplyDelete