Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Party for Tegegn

I had never heard of this before, but what an amazing thing to do. My father and step mother live in Florida half of the year, and have made many wonderful friends, who know all about the struggles we have had to bring our son home. When my father and step mother arrived in Florida and told their friends that they had a new grandchild the ladies wanted to celebrate. So what did they do? Well they threw a shower in Tegegn's honour.

They had some drinks, good laughs, opened gifts, and then re-wrapped them so that they could be brought back to Canada for us. Celine had such a wonderful time opening them for her brother.






Throughout this process I have had a good support system from a lot of different people, but I have to say the most amazing support is when it is completely unexpected. Thank you for all the gifts, but most of all thank you for caring about our little man! I can't wait to bring him down south to meet you all.

1 comment:

  1. Oh how exciting and how thoughtful! It is only a matter of time before he will be wearing those cute jam-jams.

    L

    ReplyDelete