Friday, April 16, 2010

Another Step Down

I guess there was one more step that needed to happen before Tegegn’s VISA could be issued. It is called the letter of no objection. Basically what happens is the high commission of Canada in Nairobi sends the court documents to the Ministry of Children and Youth Services in Ontario to make sure that they agree (one more time) that the adoption should go through (even though he is legally our child). They then must send a letter of no objection to the high commission before the VISA will be processed. I didn’t know that this step existed and I am sooooooo excited about it. What it means is that our file is not sitting in a pile in someone’s office. It has actually been looked at and is moving forward. Could this be it? Is it possible that our luck has changed once more and things are going to move faster then normal? I have butterflies in my stomach just thinking about it. You know what this means. Every Friday and Monday I will be on edge. These are the only days that “the pouch” of VISA’s are opened by Imagine staff in Ethiopia. So this is a warning to anyone reading this that comes in contact with me on those days. I WILL BE ON EDGE. I WILL BE JITTERY EVERYTIME THE PHONE RINGS. I WILL BE IN TEARS WHEN THE CALL COMES. I WILL GET TO HUG AND KISS MY LITTLE BOY ONE DAY VERY SOON!!!!!!!

5 comments:

  1. Dana,
    I sure it all happens quickly and that he is in your arms soooooonnnnn!!!!!!! Can't wait to see pics of you with him and to hear of your travels on your blog.

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on this last step...last leg of your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yippee - each step down is one step closer!!! Congrats

    ReplyDelete