Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Reflections - One year later



One year ago today......

-I had booked our plane tickets to travel to Ethiopia to pick up Tegegn. He didn't yet have his VISA and we had no idea how long I would be in Ethiopia.

-I didn't know who my son was. I had no idea that he loves to sing and dance, gives the best hug, has amazing balance, is very busy and has a great sense of humour.

-I had no idea that Celine would open her heart and end up being the best big sister ever. I didn't know that she would love to teach him and watch out for him and that she would never wish we hadn't adopted him.

- I didn't know that traveling to Ethiopia would make me want to start a charity. I had no idea that my evenings and weekends would be filled with planning and attending events to try to raise money to support a school in Africa.

- I thought I wanted 3 children. I wasn't aware that Tegegn would make me feel like our family was whole.

- I thought that I had a great life. I had no idea just how good it was going to get.

One year ago this was our family!

1 comment:

  1. Very well said Aunt Danna i never thought i would love tegen as much as i do. i love you!!!
    LAUREN

    ReplyDelete