Friday, March 11, 2011

Confession Friday!

I confess

  • I don’t understand road rage. I mean really… is it necessary to yell, scream and flip the bird to people because they accidental cut you off or took your parking spot unknowingly. Who hasn’t done that before and let’s face it, you really aren’t affecting the person in the car you are yelling at, your are just making a jack a$s of yourself and giving them something to laugh at because the sight of you is quite funny.
  • The recent news, articles, updates ect… that have come from the Ethiopian Adoption community in the last week have made me mad, upset, thankful and non edge. I know a lot of people still in this process, some of which I consider my friends and the thought of the pain and unknowingness once again that they are going through are the reason for these feelings.
  • That the last month has been a little hard. Darryl and I own some rental properties, and in the last month we have had issues with 3 of our units. We knew these months would happen when we decided to become landlords a few years ago, but I have to admit, there has been a day or two this past month when we question if it is worth it……IT IS!
  • I am very relieved that after 2 months our shipment for Chance For Change finally left Ethiopia. We haven’t been able to raise much money these past few months, because we don’t have very much product in Canada at the moment. This was our first shipment we sent with our license and we now know all the red tape associated with a shipment. Let me tell you…. There is a lot.
  • I have my finger, toes and legs crossed for all of my adoptive friends who are currently fighting for their children, leaving for Ethiopia to attend court and hoping that the next few months brings “the phone call”.
  • I kiss my children good night every night when I go to bed. Most nights I stop for a minute and stare at them sleeping. It is usually in those moments that I realize that the greatest accomplishment I have in my life was becoming a mother.
  • I can’t wait until summer. Every day the sun is shining I want to leave work and go and open our cottage. COME ON WARM WEATHER!

2 comments:

  1. I confess we leave in a couple hours and i have to do all my packing!! Please keep your fingers and toes crossed, i hope it will be good news next week!!

    Maria (leaving in 6 hours)

    ReplyDelete
  2. keep on telling the weather!!!! i have my fingers and toes crossed for your friends to.
    wright more soon please!!!!!!!!!!
    LAUREN

    ReplyDelete