Friday, May 7, 2010

A Weight Lifted Off My Shoulders

Some of you know that last October I broke my leg really bad. I won't get into details, but let's just say that seeing my bones outside of my body was not on my bucket list, and I don't recommend anyone put it on theirs. My recovery has been one complication, then another, then another. The last month has been really hard. There was a possibility that I might need more surgery and would have to postpone our trip to Ethiopia leaving Tegegn in the Transition house for longer then necessary if his Visa came in before I recovered, or Darryl would have had to go to Ethiopia by himself to pick him up. Needless to say neither of these options were great, and the thought of either of them was too hard to think about.

Well this week I had 2 dr. appointments and they both went great. There has been a huge improvement over the past month, and both have told me that I could go to Ethiopia without any worries. There is the possibility that I will need some minor surgery in the future, but I shouldn't be concerned about problems arising when I am there.

I can't tell you how happy this has made me. It finally feels right. I can finally let my emotions go crazy with the realization that we are going to Ethiopia together as a family. We will get to meet our little boy together. I can't wait to hug him, love him and watch him play with his big sister Celine. I can't wait to watch him grow up. Here are the latest pictures we received of him. All I can say is WOW I have an adorable little boy!!!!


3 comments:

  1. That is one adorable little boy. I love his little hand-in-the-overalls pose. Congrats on your news that you are good to travel! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great news Dana about your leg! I can hear the relief in your words! I can't wait until Addison is moved to the transition house so her and Tegegn can play together! I think it will be a comfort for them knowing they lived together in Ethiopia! Just bought a new playset for our backyard (18' wide! yikes!); Tegegn will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear you can all travel together. It is going to be a great trip - awesome experience for Celine!!!!

    He is super cute!

    ReplyDelete