Saturday, February 27, 2010

Why Adopt?

I get asked this question all the time, and I don't ever have enough time or energy to answer it, so I thought I would answer it here. My answer: WHY NOT?

There are an estimated 147 Million Orphans in the world. That means 147 million children without parents. 147 million children that could die without enough food, without safe drinking water, without shelter, without medical care, without education, without someone to tuck them in at night, without someone to tell them that they are worthy of love.

I live in Canada. One of the most prosperious countries in the world. I wake up every morning in my house, go down stairs, turn on the tap to get water to make coffee, make breakfast for my family, get my daughter ready for school, and go on with my life. So simple right? Well not for 147 Million people out there. They wake up on cement (or dirt) on the side of the road hungry, scared, without love, without breakfast or water to drink. Hundereds, if not thousands die every day without the world knowing who they were, without someone to tuck them in at night. So my answer to why adopt is WHY WOULDN'T I??????

1 comment:

  1. Hey great post. I haven't read your blog before. Look forward to following it! Where abouts in Canada are you from. We are in SK. Who are you guys thru. (probably if I sift further down in your posts, I can figure it out, but don't have time today!!). Congrats on passing court and hope your stuff gets translated quick!

    ReplyDelete