Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Of Course!


We passed court today and there has been a lot of emotion. Great happiness that we have a son, great sadness that a father had to give up a son but also clarity. Of course this was all suppose to happen. Of course we weren't meant to get pregnant a 2nd time. Of course we were suppose to adopt from Ethiopia before Haiti. Of course Imagine Adoption needed to go bankrupt. All of this led us to him! I'm a firm believer that everything in life happens for a reason and today it is all clear what that reason is. We needed to go through this journey to bring us to our son. So after all the tears of happiness and sorrow I would formally like to introduce our son Tegegn Chamasa Frank Laferriere.

7 comments:

  1. Dana,
    CONGRATULATIONS HE IS PRECIOUS. And, your words affirmed what is in our hearts and that is that all these "things", these "obstacles" are what are leading us to the children who are meant to be Ours. Thank you for sharing...
    Ashleigh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do we get to call him TC?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dana....I'm so glad you sent this blog to me and so sorry that I didn't see it when you originally sent it to me. I am typing through tears of happiness for all 3 of you and for my new nephew who will have the great fortune of having you as his Mommy!

    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!! Your boys is incredibly beautiful!
    Thanks for commenting on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He's beautiful! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete