Sunday, January 17, 2010

The Referral

I've decided to start a blog so that anyone who wants to follow our journey to Ethiopia can! It started about 2 1/2 years ago (20 years if you count all the years I've been thinking about adoption) and we don't know when it will end. We recieved "the call" on January 14th (6 months after our agency went bankrupt) and the acceptance was in Ethiopia on January 15th. I've been told that this was a record. His name is Tegegn Chamasa. I unfortunatley can not post his picture until we pass court and he legally becomes our son, but believe me when I say he is beautiful. We are told that court dates are being booked about 4 weeks away, so we wait. And then we will wait for more medicals, passport, visa and then the call to travel. We have no idea how long this will all take, but we are hopefull that we will have in in our arms soon. I can't explain how I feel right now except to say at peace. It's been a long road to get here, but seeing his face has made it all worth it. The Laferriere's are now a family of 4 (6 if you include the dogs, which Celine tells me I should).

1 comment: