Friday, January 28, 2011

I'm Back - New and Maybe Improved

Well, I thought I was done blogging. I had every intention of being done. I didn't feel like I had anything to write about. I mean we are a normal everyday family, but I have to say; I read a lot of blogs and I realized that I missed blogging. So I AM BACK. I will be honest. I don't really know what I am going to write about or if anyone will read it, but I enjoy it, so I'm going to do it.

What I have realized is that I'm a dreamer. I have a lot of dreams (too many sometimes), but some of these dreams I have turned into reality. So what better then that to write about, as well as my adorable, cute, loving children.

One of the things a lot of blogs I read have been doing is Confession Fridays. I love this idea so I'm stealing it. Here it goes.

I confess that the highlight of my day was getting an e-mail from my friend L telling me that after 9 (not a typo) court dates her little boy legally became her son. I started crying and shaking just like the day I got my phone call.

I confess that I talk to much. Anyone who has ever met me knows this, and I know it. I once bought myself a t-shirt that read "Help me I started talking and can't shut up". I have tried to stop but I realized that that will never happen, so now I just own it. I mean if you can't laugh at your own issues and downfalls what can you laugh at.

I confess that I have had the same wallet for at least 15 years. My good friends try to get me to buy a new one but I don't.

I confess that half of the reason I don't buy a new wallet is because I like the reaction I get from my friends when they see I still have it.

I confess that my dad is my hero. Along with my husband he is the best man I know.

I confess that I love New Kids On the Block. I hated high school and I think that they are the one thing I remember about it that I liked. My friend and I went to 3 of their concerts last year (had tickets for a 4th, but left for Ethiopia) and we stood up and screamed throughout the entire show just like we did when we were 15.

I confess that I am very proud of Tegegn today. He got the student of the month award for learning two languages and following routines. Not bad for someone who has only been in school since October.

I confess that my bucket list is so long, that I know I won't get to do everything on it, but I plan on trying to.

I confess I love sour keys a little to much. I rarely buy them, because if I do I will eat them until my mouth hurts and I can't taste my food for days after.

3 comments:

  1. Good job Tegegn!

    Glad you are back. Seems there is always something to write about, and those cute kids will for sure provide some good stories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it too!! And you know, I really like all the confession friday, it is a lot of fun to read!

    And you should have a blog, if you talk a lot , you can also write a lot!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go job tegegn!!!!

    i'm glad you dicied to keep bloging i love read- ing them and was starting to miss them. Tell Celine and Tegegn i ssiad HI

    LAUREN

    ReplyDelete