Friday, August 6, 2010

Ignorance of People

This article was in the globe today, which I found fitting after my experience at the store this morning. It went something like this:

Cashier: Are they both your children?
Me: Yes they are
Cashier: What is different?
Me: Blank stare.......
Cashier: Not from the same father?
Me: What I wanted to say was (Are you kidding me. How rude are you. It is none of your business), what I did say was Yes they have the same father.

I don't have a problem answering questions about adoption. I'm actually very proud to, but honestly......


Yes, I am a real mother - The Globe and Mail

2 comments:

  1. People are unbelievable! I can't believe she said that. Especially in front of the kids. Good for you for saying yes, they have the same father.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cashier was supper rude i would have said that to LAUREN

    ReplyDelete